San Francisco Truck Accident Attorneys
Over $500 Million Recovered for Accident Victims
Commercial trucks such as 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers, and semi-trucks are an important part of the U.S. economy. Most truck drivers exercise caution when operating their vehicles and observe the regulations laid out by the FMCSA. However, some truck drivers fail to recognize the weight of the responsibility they carry. When this happens, all others on the road are put at risk and serious accidents can, and do, occur.
Our team at Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn is here to make sure that the victims of truck accidents have a voice. Each attorney at our firm has built a reputation for strong and successful advocacy. Whether you were injured in a jackknife accident, rollover accident, T-bone accident, or any other type of crash with a semi-truck or 18-wheeler, our experienced team has the insight and dedication to help you seek justice.
Why should you choose Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn?
- You Owe Us Nothing Unless We Win Your Case
- We've Recovered Well Over $500 Million to Date
- Successfully Serving the San Francisco Bay Area Since 1980
- AV Preeminent® Rated for Ethics and Legal Talent
- Selected for U.S. News—Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”
No matter how complex your case may seem, our San Francisco truck accident lawyers are here to help. Give us a call at (415) 940-7176 to learn more about your options.
Strict Regulations for Drivers & Trucking Companies
The trucking industry must comply with strict state and federal regulations, such as:
- Hours of service
- Driver qualifications
- Vehicle maintenance
- Cargo weight limits
If any party is found to have violated these regulations - whether it is the driver, trucking company, parts manufacturer, a third party, or all of the above - they can be held liable for the injuries they cause.
Injuries from Truck Accidents are Often More Severe
Victims of truck accidents are also more likely to suffer from catastrophic injuries such as brain injuries or spinal injuries, or even death. Such injuries can lead to a lifetime of pain, suffering, and medical complications. This is why these claims tend to be very costly for trucking companies and their insurers - and why victims often meet so much resistance when attempting to settle for a fair amount.
Liability in Truck Accident Cases is More Complicated
Not only are the injuries in a truck accident often more severe, but identifying liability can also be complex because multiple parties can potentially be negligent in the accident. Dealing with commercial insurers for trucking companies can also add to the already frustrating claims process. Our firm understands the unique challenges presented by these claims and can advocate for your right to full and fair compensation. We work with trusted experts to help us investigate each claim and prepare the strongest claim possible.
Common Tractor Trailer Accidents
Commercial trucks comprised of a semi-tractor with a detachable trailer are known as tractor trailers and comprise a significant percentage of all serious truck accidents. Tractor trailers require a high level of skill to operate safely due to the unique way the trailer is attached to the tractor. Truckers who are used to smaller commercial vehicles may experience great difficulty when trying to handle a tractor-trailer.
Three of the most common tractor trailer accidents include:
- Jackknife accidents: The trailer hitched to the tractor rig can swing forward during a hard-braking incident. The result is a tractor trailer folded up like a jackknife and a devastating accident that often affects all lanes of traffic, depending on the length of the truck.
- Tip-over accidents: Large trailers on the back of a tractor act as wind sails when gusts or gales are strong. If the trailer is not loaded correctly or the trucker tries to drive when the weather is too extreme, the trailer may tip right over with a strong wind, possibly even detaching from the tractor in the process. Vehicles in adjacent lanes can be crushed under the tipped trailer.
- Loose cargo: Load crews must be mindful when placing cargo into the trailer of a tractor trailer. Failing to secure it properly or lock the doors can cause freight to spill into the highway, slamming into vehicles behind the commercial truck.
If you were injured in a tractor-trailer accident while traveling the streets or highways of the Bay Area, call Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn to discuss your case with our truck accident lawyers in San Francisco. With more than $500 million in recoveries won through successful case results and decades of total legal experience, you can trust in us for your most complex or high-stakes of truck accident claims.
Advocating for the Wrongfully Injured Since 1980
Our successes include a case in which Attorney Tim Tietjen helped a truck driver recover $8 million after an accident with another truck and another case where he secured 13 settlements, including an $11.4 million wrongful death claim for those injured in a 34-vehicle truck accident in Los Angeles County.
We apply the same dedication to every case. When you work with our attorneys, you can trust that we will fight for the full amount of compensation you need and deserve after a serious accident.
Our clients’ best interests, comfort, and recoveries are the top priorities at Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn. If you or someone you love was injured, call our San Francisco truck accident attorneys to learn what you can do to seek compensation from a negligent truck driver, trucking company, or other liable party.
Call (415) 940-7176 to request your free case review.