San Francisco Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Fighting to Make Bay Area Streets Safer for Everyone
San Francisco is one of the most dangerous cities in the nation when it comes to pedestrian accidents. Every year, about 30 people are killed and almost 600 are seriously injured while walking on San Francisco streets.
At Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn, we represent victims of all types of pedestrian accidents throughout the Bay Area, from crosswalk accidents to hit and runs.
Since 1980, our San Francisco pedestrian accident lawyers have built a strong reputation among our clients and peers through sincere dedication and an unparalleled understanding of the law.
Have you been injured by a negligent motorist? As a pedestrian, you have rights. We’re here to help you exercise them—and there are no fees unless we win your case.
Our Track Record of Success in Pedestrian Accident Cases
Our firm has recovered over $500 million for victims of negligence and wrongdoing, including those injured in pedestrian accidents. Some of our most notable results include:
- $18 million for a student who suffered severe brain injuries in a crosswalk accident
- $13.1 million for a 31-year-old pedestrian who suffered brain injuries and quadriplegia
- $3 million for a woman who suffered a crush injury in a pedestrian accident
- $2.5 million for a pedestrian who suffered brain injuries, a collapsed lung, and was left in a coma
- $2.25 million for the loved ones of a pedestrian struck and killed at a crosswalk
- $2 million for the loved ones of a pedestrian killed after being struck by a dump truck
Past results do not ensure success in future cases. However, our track record does demonstrate our skill in representing injured pedestrians against negligent drivers, companies, public entities, and others.
Don’t wait to get started. Give us a call at (415) 940-7176 today to get your free consultation with a San Francisco pedestrian accident lawyer.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
More and more commuters, truckers, bicyclists, and motorcyclists are simply not paying attention to the road and causing serious accidents as a result. Distracted driving is not the only cause of pedestrian accidents, however.
Other common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Speeding/driving too fast for conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to use headlights while driving at night
- Failing to check blind spots, especially while turning
- Making unsafe turns while pedestrians are crossing
- Running or rolling through stop signs and red lights
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover?
Injured pedestrians may be entitled to financial compensation for:
- Lost wages from time off work
- Medical expenses, from medication to surgery
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
If the pedestrian accident resulted in a fatality, surviving loved ones may be able to recover wrongful death damages.
This may include compensation for their own financial losses and pain and suffering, financial losses experienced by the decedent’s estate, and pain and suffering experienced by the decedent up until their death.
Who Will Pay for My Injuries?
The at-fault party will be considered liable, or legally responsible, for your damages. Any check will actually come from their insurance company, however.
In the event that you were hit by an uninsured driver, you may need to rely on your own uninsured motorist (UM) coverage to recover compensation. UM coverage is included in the average car insurance policy.
However, this is where it can get complicated, as many pedestrians in San Francisco do not own cars—which means they also do not need and do not have any car insurance of their own.
If you are not sure who will be financially responsible for your damages, we urge you to contact our pedestrian accident lawyers in San Francisco. We can help you explore alternative sources of compensation.
What If I Was Jaywalking?
In California, the law requires drivers to always exercise caution in the presence of pedestrians.
Whenever possible, you should cross the street in a designated crosswalk; however, if that is not possible and you cross outside a crosswalk, it is up to the driver to operate their vehicle safely and avoid causing you any harm.
That said, if you leave the sidewalk suddenly, without warning, and do not give the driver enough time to safely stop their vehicle, then you may be considered at fault for any resulting crash.
Even if you were hurt while crossing at an unmarked crosswalk or jaywalking, it is still best to consult a San Francisco pedestrian accident attorney. You may have a right to compensation for some or all of your damages.
You Don't Pay Unless We Win Your Case
At Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn, we are committed to making our award-winning legal services accessible to all victims of negligence. That’s why we accept cases on a contingency fee basis.
You won't be charged a dime unless we recover compensation for you.
This is just one of the many ways we put our clients first. We also bring the following to the table:
- Over 150 years of collective experience
- Compassionate, client-first counsel
- Nationally acclaimed and accredited representation
- Track record comprising some of the Bay Area’s largest settlements
Experience the confidence that comes with having a seasoned legal team on your side. No matter who we’re taking on, we will fight without rest for your rights.
Reach us online or at (415) 940-7176 for a free consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in San Francisco. We accept cases throughout the Bay Area.