Why Choose Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn?
At Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn, we serve San Francisco, Oakland, and the entire Bay Area. We are known for maximizing our clients’ recoveries. Since 1980, we have recovered over $500 million for our clients, helping them get back on their feet after medical negligence upends their lives.
Some of our San Francisco medical malpractice lawyers’ case results include:
- $84,300,000 verdict secured for a family whose baby was rendered quadriplegic with cerebral palsy due to negligence;
- $3,600,000 settlement achieved for a mother who suffered permanent brain damage due to negligence at a burn intensive care unit; and
- $1,000,000 recovered for a mother killed after a negligent doctor inserted a catheter incorrectly.
If you choose to work with us, you won’t pay us anything until we win compensation for you! That’s part of our client-first approach.
Don’t hesitate to request a free consultation online. We can also be reached by phone at (415) 940-7176.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
In legal terms, medical malpractice is when a health care provider negligently acts outside or against the professional standards of the medical industry. This may mean they failed to administer a test that they should have, failed to diagnose a condition within their specialty, or failed to take a patient’s medical history into account. Neither mistakes nor bad outcomes always indicate medical malpractice.
If you suspect your injury was preventable, we urge you to consult our San Francisco medical malpractice lawyers. Malpractice can be hard to identify, in part because no one expects it to happen to them. Most injured patients simply don’t know what to look for, and a health care provider attempting a cover up won’t be of any help.
What Causes Medical Malpractice?
We want to believe that, when we’re in a patient room, we are the doctor’s highest priority. Sadly, this is not always the case—time, money, and many other factors can give way to medical negligence.
Some factors that commonly cause malpractice and patient injury include:
- Staff shortages
- Poorly trained staff
- Poor communication between staff
- Failure to maintain patient records
- Overlooking or ignoring a patient’s symptoms
- Lack of sterile medical devices
- Defective medical devices
- Substance use or abuse
- Personal distractions
Just because medical malpractice can be explained doesn’t mean that it is acceptable. Health care providers must be held accountable when their negligent actions result in preventable injuries.
Filing a Medical Malpractice Claim in California
At our Bay Area firm, our trial attorneys handle a variety of medical malpractice cases, including but not limited to:
- Anesthesia errors leading to brain injury, nerve damage, stroke, coma, or even death
- Birth injuries involving brain damage, cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, injuries caused by forceps, and brachial plexus injury
- Diagnosis errors involving delayed diagnosis and misdiagnosis
- Surgical errors involving retention of medical equipment, erroneous procedures, or infection caused by contamination
- Medication errors involving overdosing, underdosing, and improper prescriptions
The time after a medical malpractice injury is often filled with confusion and hardship. We want to help you find clarity. Backed by over 40 years of experience, we have the skills to investigate and pursue your case. We will fight hard to win justice for you and your family.
Don’t Wait to Get Started
Are you concerned about your future? Do you have questions about the right steps to take after a medical malpractice injury?
At Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn, we are uniquely equipped to advance your interests. Entrust your case to our award-winning San Francisco medical malpractice attorney team. We have recovered more than half a billion dollars for the victims of negligence all across the Bay Area. Now, we are ready to put our proven advocacy to work for you!
Schedule your free consultation at (415) 940-7176 to learn how our San Francisco medical malpractice attorneys can help.