Truck Regulation Violation Attorneys in San Francisco
Handling Truck Accident Cases with Care
Suffering an injury in a truck accident is devastating enough – finding out that the accident was caused by a driver violating federal regulations adds insult to injury. At Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn, we are passionate about holding negligent truckers and trucking companies accountable for their negligence or blatant disregard for other’s safety. If you are suffering the consequences of someone else’s actions, we are ready to fight for justice on your behalf.
Contact our truck regulation violation attorneys in San Francisco for a free consultation. Call (415) 940-7176 today.
What Are Federal Trucking Regulations?
Federal law outlines basic rules and regulations that govern all truck drivers and trucking companies in the U.S. Truckers and trucking companies are expected to meet and adhere to these standards. If they are found in violation of federal law, the penalties can be severe.
Federal trucking regulations require that:
- Truckers who drive 70 or more hours in a week must rest for at least 34 consecutive hours
- Truckers cannot drive more than 70 hours in 8 consecutive days.
- Truckers can only drive up to 11 hours in a 14-hour workday; they must be off-duty for at least 10 hours afterward
- The weight of a truck must be at or under the federal limits (depending on the type of truck)
- Truck drivers carrying dangerous chemicals must be hazmat certified
- Truck drivers must maintain log books of their time spent at work, including time spent driving and resting
- Truck drivers must pass a physical exam every 2 years
- Truck drivers cannot consume alcohol or any driving-inhibiting substance for 8 hours before driving
Whether you were injured by a drunk driver or a sleep-deprived trucker, you have every right to file a personal injury claim and pursue the compensation you are owed. Rouda Feder Tietjen & McGuinn can stand by your side and fight for the outcome you deserve.
Reach out to our San Francisco truck regulation violation lawyers today by calling (415) 940-7176.